Sunday, February 7, 2016

Inspiring someone Feels Great!!!

Tax Day turned out to be a great Day.

Everyone thinks their books will change the world. But what about inspiring others? Being an author/writer is more than just writing. It's about inspiring others. Here's my story.

I went to get my taxes done, I know everyone groan, I use the same person every year he is in his late 70's. He was talking about writing a book a couple years ago. I told him I was a writer/author and we talked for a while. The next year he was contemplating about the different avenues in which to publish and how much it cost. We talked more. This year I go there and he smiled. 'I published my book.' He went over to a drawer and pulled out his book. He tells me, if it wasn't for me, he would have never taken that first step and published. It's a boy scout book, with camp fire spooky stories. With all the legends and how the camp came to be. He was a boy scout at this camp. The camp is still open today, he made is money back and all proceeds go to the camp. He wrote an inscription to me and handed me the book. My husband was so proud and I was almost speechless. My books may not have changed anything, but being a writer did plus he saved me money on my taxes, *grin* That was a great feeling, me inspiring someone. Someone who indeed is very profitable in selling his book.

I guess it stems back when I first started out looking for answers, before I published. I asked an indie author a couple questions. Someone, everyone loves and I to loved her books. But she got snotty with me and made me feel like an idiot. Well dah! I have never done this before, I don't know what I am doing. I don't buy her books anymore either, just because of that fact. So at that point I decided I would never do that to someone else if they asked for help or information. And it has paid off